We would like it to be fun, engaging, interactive, cross-disciplinary and frame shifting event. We think that the time has come to reinvent the format of the conferences.
We would like it to be a forum, where researchers / academics, entrepreneurs, business people, policy makers and general public meet. We would like it to be a platform where people could put together their competencies and work on finding a solution for a particular problem together. We would like to start a dialogue on different levels.
Our overall mission is to find a way how to make research useful in a broader sense, beyond publishing a paper in a peer-reviewed journal. We would like to lower the distance between theory and practice. Someone known has said that good theory makes good practice and good practice makes into good theory.
That’s what we are up for in Copenhagen and we hope you’ll be brave enough to join this journey! We promise loads of inspiration in return!
The overall aim of the event is dedicated to multifaceted exploration of the concept of time.
We aim to create a cross-disciplinary and cross-media event that would attract researchers / academics, entrepreneurs, business people, policy makers and general public; an event where participants can put together their competencies and work on finding a solution for a particular problem together.
We aim to apply new and innovative methods of scientific communication aimed with and for society, so that research results would be presented in a way that can be understood by a non-specialist.
TP CPH 2016 aims to:
- create dialogue across the disciplines and approaches to time and temporality
- create a space / platform where academia, innovators, entrepreneurs, policy makers, business people and general public meet
- create inspiring environment where different real-life challenges can find their solutions
- to apply TP theory to solving real-life problems
- to try out different forms of presentations: more engaging, fun, inspiring beyond the content, aimed to be with and for society
- to live up to our motto: “Diversity of Approaches, Unity of Passion” – to think and act across the disciplines